1. Add the chicken stock to a medium size pan and place it on medium heat to warm up.
2. Sauté the minced garlic and finally diced shallots with a drizzle of olive oil in a large heavy base pan with high sides on medium heat. Sauté until the shallots start to become transparent.
3. Add the thinly sliced leek and stir through, once the leeks have sweated down add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour in the white wine and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half.
5. Add the arborio rice and stir through. Pour in the warm chicken stock a ladle at a time, stirring in between until all the stock has been completely absorbed or once the rice is al dente.
6. Add the peas and stir through.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the grated pecorino cheese and a good pinch of freshly cracked pepper.
8. Serve by dividing between 4 bowls, topping with an extra sprinkle of pecorino cheese and chopped parsley.